College Career Page » Dual/ Concurrent Enrollment

Dual/ Concurrent Enrollment

There are multiple steps to complete before you can register into a GWC dual enrollment course.
Please follow these steps:

New students will first need to create an Open CCC Account before submitting the application to become a Golden West College student. Students who have previously submitted a GWC application will need to log in to their existing Open CCC Account.


Step 2. Submit Online Application to Become a GWC Student

During step 1 the last screen will take you to a link to complete the GWC application. Only students who have taken a GWC class in the fall or spring semester within the last 12 months do not need to re-apply (summer students do not need to re-apply for the fall). All other students need to submit a new application to GWC for the semester they want to register in.

IMPORTANT: Once you submit your GWC application you must wait a day or two for an email with your GWC student ID number, username and password. You cannot proceed to the next step without this information. 

Step 3. Complete Your Release Form

Golden West College cannot grant any high school student permission to enroll without getting the signed permission from their parent/legal guardian (if the student is under the age of 18) and their high school principal. There are 2 different forms, depending on the type of course a high school student wants to take at GWC. The release form checklist will direct students to the correct form they need to submit.

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Step 4. Register for Classes Online in MyGWC

It is the responsibility of students to register themselves in college classes using the Registration portal in MyGWC. Completing a release form does not mean a student is registered, and it does not guarantee students a spot in the class. College classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

For dual enrollment classes held on a high school campus, students will need to enter the dual enrollment course CRN(s) to register. Dual enrollment classes are not visible in the online schedule.


More information on college courses offered each semester can be found here:


If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Step 5. Get Ready for Your College Class

Note: Students enrolled in the HBUHSD district will have textbook costs covered by the school district if they order them from the GWC Bookstore and the course is approved for dual credit. HBUHSD students need to select the Financial Aid or FSA option and enter their GWC ID number when checking out to charge the school district. Students taking a GWC class at their high school through dual enrollment do not need to order a textbook. They will be provided.

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.

Office of Guided Pathways & Dual Enrollment
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (714) 892-7711